General Physiology and Biophysics is devoted to the publication of original research papers concerned with general physiology, biophysics and biochemistry at the cellular and molecular level.
ISSN 1338-4325 (online)
Founded in 1982 and published quarterly by the:
Institute of Molecular Physiology and Genetics
Slovak Academy of Sciences
Science Citation Index: Impact Factor = 1.192
The coverage of the journal includes:
- membrane physiology and biophysics (ion channels, receptors, transporters, protein-lipid interactions, surface phenomena, model membranes),
- intercellular and intracellular signalling (neurotransmission, endocrine regulations, messengers, secretory mechanisms, regulatory proteins, calcium signalling pathways, nitric oxide),
- excitability and contractility (neurophysiology, smooth, cardiac and skeletal muscle physiology, excitation-contraction coupling, cellular motility),
- biophysical analysis of cellular function (bioenergetics, volume regulation, thermodynamics, mathematical models),
- metabolic regulations (enzymology, ATPases, plant and microbial metabolism),
- cellular aspects of pharmacology, toxicology and pathology (receptor-drug interaction, the action of drugs and toxins on signalling and regulatory functions, free radicals, lipid peroxidation, ischemic preconditioning, calcium paradox),
- accounts of advances in relevant techniques and methodology.